Saturday 2 February 2019

After the snow


Two days after the latest snow fall the Forest of Dean retains a beauty all of its own. This is Woorgreens Lake, near Speech House.


Leaving Woorgreens Nature Reserve and the last of the dog walkers behind me, the forest took on a eerie silence, broken only by the crunch, crunch, crunch of my boots in the snow.



The winter sun was bright and warming but shady tracks were still snow-covered – though in places they had turned quite icy, as I discovered to my cost.  Ouch! But it was good to get out in the cold, still air and clock up another 10,000 steps.
4.2 miles


2 comments:

  1. Magical. As I've mentioned before, my part of Sussex has no semi-wild forests close to hand, nor lakes. Although I am today going to drive over to the Hindhead area in SW Surrey, don my boots, and hopefully find at least a little frosty ground to crunch. And Frensham Common has lakes.

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to a appropriately crunchy post on your own blog!

      Delete