Sunday 16 August 2015

Ukeing for a very good cause

Wow! What a lovely day.  My favourite pub, here in the Forest of Dean, opened their grounds for a special fundraising event to help a young lady who is suffering from a very painful disease. The aim was to raise money for an electric power chair so she can get some sort of independence back into her life.

Our ukulele group were invited to be one of the star attractions and here we are, strumming our ukes, singing our hearts out and having a fabulous time.I'm 4th from the left, giving my denim trousers their first public outing and singing
Hello Mary Lou, goodbye heart,
sweet Mary Lou I'm so in love with you...

I hope Mary Lou was suitably impressed!



One small problem I had was that the three ladies to my right had lovely, strong soprano voices so finding the alto harmonies in my own range wasn't easy.  Next time I'll try to sidle up to the other two who always seem to harmonise beautifully.  Believe me, on occasions like these uke playing is the easy bit, though I think I'm improving.

1 comment:

  1. Do the Denim trousers sing well
    Seriously well done , even if you are wearing trousers.
    Julliette

    ReplyDelete