Saturday 6 June 2015

Angie's first gig

One of our local breweries celebrated their first birthday today with a Sausage & Ale festival. A stunning lineup of local stars was present to add support, drink their fine beer and eat their spicy sausages, including our own ukulele group from The Rising Sun.

Oh how wonderful it felt to arrive at the entrance, wave my ukulele and be admitted free-of-charge!

There are times when this feels like the most amazing dream.  Nine months ago I was wondering how to build a social life and I couldn't play a note on a ukulele. Today I would be standing in front of folk who had actually paid to be there.  I studied the list of ales on offer and elected to steady my nerves with half a pint of Legless Cow, a spicy sausage and some chips, then tried to concentrate on tuning my uke — G... C... A... E..  Crumbs, this thing was in tune when I left home. Perhaps it's as wobbly as its owner. 



Thankfully, my cous Jan was there to lend moral support.  "I'll be your roadie," she explained as she took control of the camera. Her photos tell the rest of the story.


Final preparations. Do I look happy?

... and away we go.

The full line-up, including percussion section

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Angie! Well done! This puts my own stuff into the shade!

    As you say, who would have dreamed that a ukulele class could lead to fame and fortune - well, free beer and yummy sausages, anyway!

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Angie
    Playing for your Dinner
    And Trousers as well
    Julliette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shea Stadium next then Angela?

    Shirley Anne x

    ReplyDelete