Friday 7 January 2022

Christmas Biscuits

Have you ever noticed that when an elderly person offers you a cup of tea, they invariably also offer a biscuit or eight?  Now that I am well into my senior years, I know the reason why.  One simply has to ask the question, "What do you buy an elderly person for Christmas?"  Answer: biscuits or chocolates. 

It's been a good Christmas in which valued friends have been lavish with their gifts, including many tins of biscuits and boxes of mouth-watering chocolates.  Overflowing with gratitude, I did my best to tackle the over-abundance but they, together with much excellent festive food and wine, have conspired to push up my weight to its highest level since August 2016. Truth be told, though, my weight was hardly great before Christmas.

The obvious answer (for me) is to re-join Slimming World. Something within me still baulks at the thought of paying not to eat, but I know that it works.  However, I feel sufficiently motivated to lose a stone or so unaided, so I'm going to try, using Slimming World's methods. Back in 2016 I lost a stone in 10 weeks, so let's see whether I can equal that achievement. If, after a month or so, I'm failing then I'll unashamedly take a trip up the road to the Slimming World gathering in Yorkley.

And what of the remaining biscuits and chocolates? Well I hope our friends won't be too offended if they learn that several boxes of chocolates have already found their way to the local Food Bank. The biscuits will, of course, be offered in quantity to everyone who pops in for a cup of tea!


1 comment:

  1. I so admire your firmness and resolve, Angie! I was given a tin of shortbread biscuits, but I'm afraid that the bin will have the shortbread, and I'll just keep the rather attractive tin, which will prove useful.

    I do sometimes wonder whether to rejoin Slimming World, to get all their up-to-date stuff, and of course to participate in the meetings again. I feel freshly inspired to do so, but won't be soon, though, as I need to save every pound I can, to rebuild my savings after the huge hit they've suffered recently. In any case, I'm still adhering to the SW regime that applied in 2016, and at least keeping my weight steady.

    Good luck with your solo endeavours!

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete