Thursday 26 August 2021

All set for Ireland

It's a holiday that we've been looking forward to since January 2020.  It was to have been part of our Golden Wedding Anniversary celebrations, but Covid intervened and we went to North Devon instead.  Fortunately, Sykes Cottages and Stena Line Ferries have been super-helpful, allowing us reschedule our holiday for 2021.

There have been many times this year when a further postponement looked likely, but with a day to go I really do believe that we're going to make it this time. We have our NHS Covid Vaccination Passes at the ready on our phones, together with our completed Passenger Locator Forms – both legal requirements for entry to the Irish Republic. 

By the time I blog here again, I hope to have given my eloquence a much-needed boost by kissing the Blarney Stone – if, that is, I recover in time from being deposited on the shores of Ireland at 4 in the morning.  Then it's on to the delights of County Kerry.

1 comment:

  1. So wistful. I've never been to Ireland. I hope you both have a magical time!

    Watch out for the little people!

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete