Wednesday 14 September 2016

Club 10

Slimming World update: This evening I weighed in at 12st:8½lb which means that I've lost 10% of my body weight since starting the Slimming World programme on July 6th.  To mark my achievement I was awarded this certificate —


Before joining Slimming World I would never have imagined that simple card certificates could mean so much to me, but they do.  I now have 4 of them — ½ stone lost, 1 stone lost, silver Body Magic (for exercising) and this one, and they're all proudly displayed on a notice board above my computer desk.

After years of struggling with my weight, enduring withering frowns from company and practice nurses, and with only moderate success in dieting, I can hardly put into words how it feels to be making solid progress. In 9 weeks I've lost 20lb.

My weight loss graph on the Slimming World website shows that, if I keep this rate up, I'll hit 11 stone by the end of November. However, everyone I talk to says that losing weight gets harder as one nears an ideal weight, so I'm taking the graph's prediction with a hefty pinch of salt.

It would be lovely, though, to reach 11 stone before Christmas. That will give me a Body Mass Index of 24.1, which is comfortably within the healthy range (18.5 - 25.0). And there, I think, I will stop.

I don't plan to stop attending Slimming World though, as there's still so much to learn, and encouragement to be given and received.  My Slimming World group has transformed the way I eat and rekindled my enthusiasm for new and interesting recipes. To ruin it all by slipping back into my old ways is a prospect too ghastly to contemplate.

4 comments:

  1. That is the end of French holidays then! That was my downfall and still not recovered...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arrrgh. Forgot the congratulations...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations from me too! I'm very impressed. I think I will have to do the same (after this year's holidays are done with)

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations
    I thought the Welsh holiday with ll those nice cheeses would slow you down
    Julliette

    ReplyDelete