Friday 4 November 2016

Miss Baggy

Every year Slimming World present a Miss Slinky award to the slimmer who had made the most impressive transition from Tubby to Slinky.  You can read about Megan McGee, the 2016 winner, here.

The chance of anyone from our little group winning a national award is remote indeed, but this hasn't stopped Debra, our consultant, organising an award for the Whitecroft group. Among the nominees was little me, and I was asked to bring along a couple of 'before' and 'after' photos to impress the group.


Dear me; I used to think that the left hand photo was rather a good one.  Now I'm less than impressed and much happier with the one on the right, in which I've shed 2 stone. Even my smile has improved.

I didn't win Miss Slinky; indeed, I never expected to as a couple of ladies in our group have lost many, many pounds in weight over several years.  You really do have to admire their resolve, and the results are stunning. But those who know of my life's journey will understand that just being nominated for so feminine an award was a terrific boost to my ego.

In truth, I think I should have been nominated for Miss Baggy since most of my clothes are, to put it mildly, somewhat loose on me.  Last week I donned an old size 18 fitted skirt, zipped it up, let go and it promptly fell to the floor!  T-shirts that once were snug fits now hang limply on my shoulders and the neck lines droop to expose the top of my bra.

I've made myself a Christmas Promise —  My Christmas gift to me is to be eleven stone three. Right now I'm about 1lb heavier than I should be to hit that target on time, so I need to say 'no' to a few more glasses of fine wine. If I succeed then I'll be charging around the January Sales with an enthusiasm that friends and family have never seen before. It could be an expensive New Year.

3 comments:

  1. Angie
    Very good ,but don't you think you have gone far enough at present
    Julliette
    Who feels quite tubby in comparison with you Ive put on about 8 lb without noticeably stepping up the eating but having cut down with the exercise due to lack of time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Setting a final weight isn't easy and I may yet revise my 11st:3lb target upwards. For now, I've set an interim target of 11:7 and I'll see how I look and feel then.

    The 11:3 target was set by referring to the BMI charts. Slimming World will give me free membership if I stay within +/- 3lb of my target weight. That would give me a top weight of 11:6 and a BMI of 24.7. It's reckoned that anything below 25 is a healthy weight, though these charts are only rough guides. I recall my company nurse once telling me that 12:3 (BMI 26.4) would probably be ok for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I've now joined the fray. But it's not a competition of course, just a personal battle to keep up good habits and not lapse.

    I need hardly say that seeing you last weekend was an inspiration, and convinced me that I should do this too.

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete